Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Half way there!😜
  
     This past week has been very successful; although I still have so much left to do. My partner and I finally decided that we will be using "BITEZ" as our title, placed in the font called "impact." Having this bold font will help grab viewers/ readers attention, increasing sales. Changing just the color of the "Z", allows readers to pronounce "BITE" before they see the "Z" trademark. Also, on my cover, I reshot my photo. I realized that, although my other picture represented summer, I could do better. I thought about how I could represent the month of July, and of course, 4th of July came to me. It apples to all religions and offers a larger range of readers. Being able to incorporate the summer ~vibe~ with the July issue, I  made it a red ice cream, having an American flag coming out the top. I'd love to share the picture, but I want to surprise all of you when you see the final product. In addition, we added a cover line saying "Take a bite into the world of epic food." This will help us create an even larger trade make and explain the titles name, in case the pronunciation is off. 
     
     TABLE OF CONTENTS, check! Finally, I took pictures for my table of contents, and I love the way it turned out. For BITEZ magazine, the theme of our table of contents is clean and orderly. Each issue will have "table of contents" written on a kitchen utensil. In my issue I used a knife. Lemons are lined up along the side, to help further represent the summer theme. I added a background color to title each section of my table of contents, so that it pops out in comparison to the page numbers and articles title. I picked yellow as this color, to communicate the feeling of sun. Also it matched evenly with the color presented in my lemons. Using natural lighting helped to emphasize the fact that it is outside and active, rather then a duller atmosphere. Placing the title in a cursive font, gives off the clean cut idea that BITEZ has rot offer. It helps represent that cooking and baking stories within my magazine aren't insanely messy or hard to follow. Below is some moments captured during the long past week that my partner and I worked. We have taken over 1,000 photos and I was capable of using ALL my storage. 


This is my partner attempting to create her table of contents 
picture. This was't the final product, we re did it because they always 
say " practice makes perfect."
This is me taking my picture for my cover.
We used a white sheet to have a plain background
and added a direct light to emphasize the focus.

                                                             XOXO, Paige💘

No comments:

Post a Comment