Monday, March 27, 2017

COMP

     Hi guys! If you read my previous blog, about the changes my partner and I made, you would know that we have been having issues with our title. It came to our attention, that “BITEZ” can be pronounced many different ways. Having that in mind we tried out a ton of way that the “Z” can be emphasized, considering it is one of our key trademarks. At the bottom of this posting, I inserted three different ways we tried to make the "Z" pop out; however, I noticed that making the one specific letter more outstanding, doesn’t help the pronunciation. I also, put them in the order in which I feel towards them, the first being the one I like the most and last being the one I dislike most. My partner and I took a step back and gave ourselves the weekend to just brainstorm. We know our deadline is coming up soon, but we feel confident in what we have and only will settle for the best title we can possibly think of. As the weekend went on, our latest idea is changing the name to “COMP.” This doesn’t effect the fact that we wanted something short lettered and simple. Having less words, is more eye appealing to our target and genre audience of females of the middle class, ranging from 20-50. Because changing the title would mean the “Z” icon of our magazine brand is gone, we would really have to try our best to get the bite mark out of a letter within the title, to replace the trademark of a “Z". As of now, my partner and I are trying out our new title, CHOMP. I really it works out, because I don’t think I can deal with another change of the cover. It’s time to work my table of contents. I’ll get back to you guys soon with my layout ideas for that page. 











xoxo, Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment