Monday, March 13, 2017

Font, Colors and More!!

Today, while I was sitting in class, I decided to draw out an idea for my cover page and two page spread. This design came directly off of my creative thinking, without furthering my research. The image to the right is what I came up with. As you can tell, my partner and I have finally came up with a title for our magazine. We will be calling it "BITEZ." Before I did extensive research on target audience, I assumed it would be middle age female such as 21-45 years of age. After I found this website, I was able to for sure state, that my target audience is middle classed females. At least double the amount of women read food magazines, in comparison to men. If I stick to my plan, of having my two page spread being about popsicles with a twist, my addition for BITEZ magazine will be targeted towards ages 21- 50. In the 21st century, text lingo is a must know. Which is why a simple change such a converting the "s" to a "z", will draw in the eyes for lower aged women, increasing sales and drawing in a larger target audience.


The image, of different way BITEZ is written, is a sketch of ideas me and my amazing partner Alysha Steinman came up with. Btw, you should go check out her blog (Alysha's Blog). Adding the bite, taken out of a letter could create a trademark for our magazine. After viewing this article, I have some thinking to do on which color would best appeal to my target audience. Yellow, being attention grabbing will help to improve sales and draw attention; while, pink brings in the feminine idea, which expresses my target audience in itself.



xoxo, Paige 

No comments:

Post a Comment