Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Team Work 

     Yesterday, my class split up into groups and discussed our ideas. Getting feedback, whether it was what I wanted to hear or not, really helped me take a step forward. I got to split from my partner and hear new concepts that I really would like to imply into my magazine. Of course I love my partners idea, Alysha is amazing, but it's nice to hear something fresh and original.

     When I presented the ideas I have so far, I basically explained how there are many holes within my project. Many undecided factors are to be determined and I was having a brain fart on how I should fill them. Because one of the main trade marks that I have been working on, is taking a bite out of the B, I explained my situation to my group. I simply told them that I don't know if it will be possible to create a font. They came up with the best idea. I can just edit the specific letter I want, in my case "B" and cut out piece by piece of the letter, then paste it to my doc. This weekend I'm going to mess around with fonts, and get back to you guys with how it goes. 

     Another fabulous advantage I received from being apart of my group and presenting my idea, was that it was a confidence buster. Even if people don't admit it, they have nerves. Personally I can relate. I try to act strong and as though I don't care, but showing off ideas, not knowing how people will react can be very scary. I told myself I had nothing to lose by presenting the sample magazine cover I made for practice. I was so scared that someone would say it was bad, because I was pretty proud of it. Taking the risk, I got the reaction I could only dream of. Remembering exactly what they said, "wait is that really only a sample, it's amazing." Hearing that helped my confidence level grow as I continue to work with the creation of my magazine. P.S. the sample is posted in my previous blog posting!

     New ideas, confidence buster, what else could I ask for. All that came to me in just an hour and a half. After leaving class that day, all I could think about was how ahead of the game I felt. I was the only person in my group who had a set plan and knew where I was moving with it, let alone my picture and cover idea was practically made. Time moves fast and I just need to make sure I move faster. 😄


xoxo, Paige💘

No comments:

Post a Comment