Thursday, March 23, 2017

Time for a change 

     As you know, I felt really confident in my work. Well things flipped on me. My partner and I decided we want to keep things ~artistic~ which changed my layout. Yes, it's annoying, but I know I'll be happier with a clean cut cover. We decided together, that adding a boarder to match our header will help connect our two issues. Making it more blocky will attract the eye of buyers because it looks different. Three examples of magazine layouts we plan to follow, as of now is the ones pictured bellow.

  


     Planning on using pink as our magazine color (for the title and boarder), we realized it wasn't our best bet. Ya pink appeals to females (our target audience), but it doesn't appeal to our genre (food/baking). Personally, I think oranges and yellows would look nice for a magazine about food, but I'm still in the process of messing around with different shades. Also green stands for nature, which relates to my two page spread about "D.I.Y." D.I.Y stands for do it yourself, in case you didn't know. My magazine is planning on having this section in each issue. 

     Another issue I encountered was my title. BITEZ is original and new. It's also artsy which goes with the layout. The only issue, is how people my read it. Pronouncing my magazine need to flow and not give people a hard time, or else it will lead them away from buying it. In order to change that I have been messing with emphasizing the "Z". I may make it the only capital letter or change the font of it. I'll have to get back to you guys on what I decide, after I mess around with it again this weekend. 

xoxo, Paige 



No comments:

Post a Comment