Monday, March 20, 2017

The Real Deal 

     Today, I sat in class messing around with pages. It seems to be easier than what I expected, which is really good. The third picture I posted yesterday for you guys, is what I used as my sample. Who knows, maybe it will end up being the real deal. After realizing blue would be a prime subject color, within my magazine cover, I wanted to tell you guys what it means. Blue represents trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven. Also the shade of blue pictured (water) can represent summer. Blue is considered as beneficial to the mind and body. It slows human metabolism and produces a calming effect, which is what most feel during summer. 

     My partner and I decided that our magazine “BITEZ" will use the color pink to represent it’s image. Thinking of the color pink, will automatically connect someones mind with our magazine. Although, summery colors like blue and yellow (water and sun) will go hand and hand with my specific issue. Having pink, representing a food magazine only seemed to make sense. It portrays a female view, which most of the time, is the stereotype for who runs the kitchen. 

     I have started my research, on how to create my own font. My partner and I have this imagine in our head, that we want a bite taken out of either the "B" or "Z", creating a more distinct feeling to our readers. From the research i've done so far, I learned that having a specific font, or design to represent your magazine, can bring in monthly readers. Because we aren't 100% that creating our own font will work out, we decided to have an always included section of the "TOP D.I.Y." based on what season or month it is. For the issue that I will be creating, I'm using this idea as my two page spread. Having the Top 10 D.I.Y. being popsicles, it brings in the summer vibe, without relying fully on colors to do so. 

Here is the third imagine from my previous posting, input onto a page document. I have watched many videos to learn the maximum skills possible to create a layout; however, practicing is the only thing to make me better. This is why I designed a sample layout, using my information. It isn't exactly what me or my partner had in mind, but it doesn't hurt to take a step back and see if my picture may work out. Just looking at the image at first, I thought to myself, I could do so much better. But now, since I see it with all these colors, I can relate to the summery vibe perfectly, meaning i'm on the right track. Please comment what you think about this imagine as a potential cover image, keep in mind, the font and layout may vary. I love all the feed back!! I'll get back to you guys as soon as my partner and I discuss or newest ideas.









xoxo, Paige                                                                                                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment