Sunday, March 19, 2017

Practice makes Perfect! 

     Let me just start off by saying... I failed. This morning, I woke up, and felt ready to work on my magazine cover. I thought I had it all planned out. This weekend I would take photos, and during the week I could edit them and design my cover page. Next weekend, I would work on my two page spread and slowly come to an end. HAHA, was I wrong. Below i'm sharing three images and a short story of how these all played out. 🌊



I looked out my back door, and saw my pool shimmering. I thought to my self, it's the perfect day to take my cover photo, because I imagined the blue water, representing a summer issue to my magazine. As I ran outside to capture this moment, I didn't realize my shadow was bad. Thinking that I may have just caught the best image, I sure was wrong. Shadows, are the worse thing to look at. I could never put that on a cover, and imagine anyone wanting to buy it.














Opps. Yes, my popsicle did fall in the pool. All I can say is, at least it wasn't my phone or camera. Forgetting that I live in hot sunny South Florida, it didn't occur to me, that I don't get to have all the time in the world to shoot my pictures. I guess that's why they say food magazines are the hardest to make. Not only is it hard to capture the tasty look, but it also puts you under a timer. 














After this picture was shot, I thought to myself, hey at least i'm improving. I'm not the ~artsy~ type of person, so being able to take pictures of food doesn't come so easy. My main subject in this picture, is focused on, the background looks nice, and there are NO shadows. Even though I can't find anything specifically wrong with this image, I have a feeling, something better will come along. 











xoxo, Paige 

No comments:

Post a Comment