Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Table of Contents time!

      I've been putting all my hard work and effort into creating the most amazing two page spread, and cover page, that creating a table of content, blew over my head. I guess it just didn't come to me, that it means just as much towards not only my grade, but also my overall magazine, as the other pages do. For the artist type of magazines, which is what I plan to present, a table of content needs to be simple and organized, just how I like it. 

     I started to brainstorm in class today, about the different ways I could layout this page. I can have many smaller images, or one large image, and the rest a plain background. I thought to myself, if I am having multiple imagines on my two page spread, which will be shown directly after the table of contents, I should try and keep things simple. I have an idea, of capturing summer flowers as an image for this page, so it can relate to my specific issue of my brand. Looking for inspiration, i found the following examples that really caught my eye. 
                                             

















     The first three, present what I feel is a clean cut page. One picture and the rest text. The first example, is the most simple out of all and that may not be my best bet. Although, personally I like clean cut, it doesn't fit my target audience as much. Yes, females tend to like clean lines, but they still reply better to pop and artist ideas, rather than one simple thing. Meeting in the middle would be example number 3, this is because it has a greater background image, as well as keeping it clean and not too overwhelming. As of now, i'm coming up with an imagine idea for the table of contents,  planning to only have one imagine on this page. 

xoxo, Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment