Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Let The Good Times Roll!!!

     They say starting something new can be hard; however, I'd like to jump all over these opportunities. As I start my journey through the process of creating my very own magazine, I would absolutely love for everyone to follow along. You may see my ups and my downs; although I can promise you the final product will be breath taking. 
     Of course- right when I think this whole voyage will be a simple task and my ideas will come easily- I'm proven wrong. I began the planning process by viewing many... many sample magazines. Almost enough to make my head blow off. After thinking I've seen enough to finally decide what genre I'd like, more ideas got brought up. Everything from teen trends, fashion weekly, sports, hobbies, crafts and food were catching my eyes. My biggest issue is picking my topic. Don't they say the base line is the most important? That's why I need to make sure it is PERFECT! 
     Below, I added some pictures of magazine covers that really caught my eye. Sharing them with my readers may help in the planning process, so that I can proceed with creating a one of a kind magazine. I would absolutely love if you could leave comments on which topic you think would be best to begin working with. It's always nice to help a girl out! 
                           
You should always stick with what you know right? Well, I'm a teen, meaning this genre is fitting for me? Here is an image of the cover page for a teen magazine. After viewing many different cover options, I noticed that having a teen genre may be easiest for me because I can relate most. 










Do I take on challenges? Sports aren't really my go to thing. Nor do I love reading about it. So maybe, creating a sports magazine will expand my genre preferences. 








Who doesn't love looking at pictures of food? Clean cut is always the way to go right? At least that's what my mom taught me growing up. Having seen many food magazine covers, they all had the same trend of portraying a simple image on the cover. Being the organized girl I am, maybe this is the way to go. 










xoxo, Paige 

No comments:

Post a Comment